The Virginia REALTORS® is Virginia’s largest trade and professional association. Founded in 1920, Virginia REALTORS® now has more than thirty thousand members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. Virginia REALTORS® employs more than 25 people in its Richmond, VA Headquarters, to help fulfill its mission of helping its members be more successful and advocating for property-ownership rights throughout the Commonwealth—and continually seeks talented people to join its team. If you are interested, please send your resume to Janet Hakki.
Current Open Positions
Project Manager/Content Editor (Marketing & Communications)
The Project Manager/Content Editor organizes all marketing and communications projects including, but not limited to: event/promotions, website content, social media, emails, member communications, podcast/video scripting, multi-channel marketing campaigns, and internal communications. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities (with leadership input), and monitor and summarize progress of projects. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Project Manager/Content Editor work with marketing and graphic design departments closely to create an overall positive user experience. Must also produce material for publication, so ideal candidate will need to possess excellent writing and editing skills, as well as understand the special considerations for writing for the Web and the wide variety of devices that can access the Internet.
This position requires good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all the team members it takes to create omni-channel campaigns. They must also be highly organized and detail oriented. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Work with various departments to research topics for blog posts, social media posts, newsletter articles, and internal communications
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Ability to build and maintain strong business partnerships and stay connected with various areas of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and organize the marketing and communications team to achieve long-term and short-term results
- Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Agile/Lean Kit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Please forward your resume with a cover letter to Janet Hakki at email@example.com.