The Code of Ethics Leadership Award is presented to an individual REALTOR® member who exhibits leadership and knowledge of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics, arbitration and/or professional standards, and who is known to share such information with other real estate professionals; has made presentations on Ethics before nominee’s own association, other associations, or before civic and community groups; and who has participated in local, state, or national association grievance, professional standards, arbitration, or ethics related activities; has taught courses in REALTOR® ethics, either fee paid or voluntary.
The criteria for the Code of Ethics Leadership Award will be asked for and scored as follows:
- Part 1: Teaching and instructing
- Part 2: Service to the REALTOR® organization
- Part 3: Professional development
General Awards Submission Guidelines
The general submission guidelines for the Code of Ethics Leadership Award, VHDA Service to Virginia Award, Appraiser of the Year, George Rink Outstanding Educator of the Year, Ann Swearingen Property Manager of the Year, and the Virginia Manager of the Year shall be as follows:
- The nominee should be a qualified individual who has had an impact on the local and state level. Previous nomination will not affect nominees’ consideration for this award.
- Nominations may be submitted by individuals, firms, brokers/managers, and by local associations.
- Letters of recommendation and other supporting documentation, including resumes, news stories, etc., is encouraged, but not required, and will be considered as part of the application.
- Online form submission is the required application format.
- Criteria for nominating your candidate may be for current year accomplishment and/or for any period up to the previous ten (10) years.
- All awards are scaled on a 100-point system, with each section given part of the total value as outlined in the application. A minimum of 75 points must be awarded for the nominee to be eligible to receive the award.
- Previous winners of award are not eligible.
- Applications must be fully completed at time of submission in order to be considered for selection.
- Entries must be received by a submission deadline as determined by staff in consultation with the Chair of the Awards Selection Committee.
Please login to continue.