This award recognizes the Virginia REALTOR® individual who has made a significant difference in promoting affordable homeownership to first time homebuyers during the year or whose life work merits recognition and celebration of this issue. Nominees are judged based on their contributions to initiatives at the local, state and national level as well as their support of individual homebuyers in their effort to achieve affordable, sustainable homeownership.
General Awards Submission Guidelines
The general submission guidelines for the Code of Ethics Leadership Award, VHDA Service to Virginia Award, Appraiser of the Year, George Rink Outstanding Educator of the Year, Ann Swearingen Property Manager of the Year, and the Virginia Manager of the Year shall be as follows:
- The nominee should be a qualified individual who has had an impact on the local and state level. Previous nomination will not affect nominees’ consideration for this award.
- Nominations may be submitted by individuals, firms, brokers/managers, and by local associations.
- Letters of recommendation and other supporting documentation, including resumes, news stories, etc., is encouraged, but not required, and will be considered as part of the application.
- Online form submission is the required application format.
- Criteria for nominating your candidate may be for current year accomplishment and/or for any period up to the previous ten (10) years.
- All awards are scaled on a 100-point system, with each section given part of the total value as outlined in the application. A minimum of 75 points must be awarded for the nominee to be eligible to receive the award.
- Previous winners of award are not eligible.
- Applications must be fully completed at time of submission in order to be considered for selection.
- Entries must be received by a submission deadline as determined by staff in consultation with the Chair of the Awards Selection Committee.
For the Service to Virginia Award, please list the nominee’s business accomplishments as well as leadership roles in the real estate community. Provide information with specific emphasis on activities related to the promotion of affordable housing, education related to affordable housing and homeownership and any achievement bringing positive change benefiting first time homebuyers. Include nominee’s participation in local, state and national initiatives in the support of homeownership and community events.
Please login to continue.