The Virginia REALTORS® will be accepting applications for 2020 NAR Director Candidates. We expect that there will be three (3) state-allocated NAR Director positions available in 2020, with each being a three (3) year term.
The application period will be from July 2 – August 2, 2019, at 5:00 PM.
Individuals recommended to the National Association to serve as a National Director must:
- Have been a member of the Association for at least five successive years immediately preceding such recommendation;
- Have demonstrated leadership as a REALTOR® or in a REALTOR® Association;
- Agree in writing to serve and attend the required meetings of the National Association;
- Agree in writing to adhere to the responsibilities of the position as determined by the Association and the National Association; and
- Be currently serving or have served on an association Standing Committee, Specialty Group, Board of Directors, Work Group, Task Force, or Advisory Board for at least one year in the three-year period preceding recommendation to the National Association.
Candidates are requested, and strongly encouraged, to attend the Board of Directors meeting on September 17, 2019, during the Virginia REALTORS® Annual Convention in Williamsburg to address the Board of Directors and respond to any questions prior to the election vote. Remarks to the Board of Directors may only be made by the actual candidate and must be live and in person at the Board of Directors meeting.
Applications must be submitted via the online process only. For any questions about Virginia REALTORS® NAR Director positions, the election process, or policies of the Association, please view the instructions on the applications, or you may contact Mel Wolf.
Application period is July 2 – August 2, 2019, 5:00 PM (EST)
To avoid a server timeout, please be prepared with the following information before starting this application:
General candidate information, general office information, resumé, education, and REALTOR®-related activity information. Be prepared to answer a short questionnaire and to attach endorsements and/or letters of recommendation.