The Virginia REALTORS® is now accepting applications for 2019 NAR Director Candidates. There will be four (4) state allocated NAR Director positions available in 2019.
Three seats are three (3) year terms; one seat is a one (1) year term. The deadline to apply is August 10, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
Individuals recommended to the National Association to serve as a National Director must:
- Have been a member of the Association for at least five successive years immediately preceding such recommendation;
- Have demonstrated leadership as a REALTOR® or in a REALTOR® Association;
- Agree in writing to serve and attend the required meetings of the National Association;
- Agree in writing to adhere to the responsibilities of the position as determined by the Association and the National Association; and
- Be currently serving or have served on an association Standing Committee, Specialty Group, Board of Directors, Work Group, Task Force, or Advisory Board for at least one year in the three-year period preceding recommendation to the National Association.
Candidates are requested, and strongly encouraged, to attend the Delegate Body meeting on September 25, 2018 during the Virginia REALTORS® Annual Convention in Norfolk to address the Delegate Body and respond to any questions prior to the election vote. Remarks to the Delegate Body may only be made by the actual candidate and must be live and in person at the Delegate Body meeting.
Applications must be submitted via the online process only. For any questions about Virginia REALTORS® NAR Director positions, the election process, or policies of the Association, please contact Adam Smith.
Deadline to apply was August 10, 2018, 5:00 PM (EST)
To avoid a server timeout, please be prepared with the following information before starting this application. There will not be an option to save and continue the form later:
General Candidate Information, General Office Information, Resume, Education, and Realtor® Related Activity Information, A Short Questionnaire and any endorsements or letters of recommendation.