Spring is right around the corner and it’s considered the busiest time for the real estate market. Follow these tips to set your clients up for success during the hustle and bustle of the spring selling season.
- Clear out the clutter- Fun fact: A decluttered home sells faster than a cluttered home. Clutter can be overwhelming not only for the person selling their home, but also for a potential buyer. Whether it’s overstuffed bookcases, large pieces of furniture, or toys galore, be sure to have your client remove all clutter before listing.
- Spruce up your curb appeal- Spring is a great time to take advantage of the great weather! For showings, photos, and open house events, you will want the yard to look appealing to potential buyers. Trim up the bushes, mow the lawn, get some fresh mulch, plant new flowers, and get a new welcome mat for the front door. Don’t forget to tidy up the backyard!
- Repair time- Now is the time to encourage your clients to complete those projects they’ve been putting off. Inform them to run a check for leaky faucets and pipes, old lightbulbs, and damaged window screens. It may not seem super important, but it’s all in the details.
- Deep clean the home- The home should look the best it can, and a good deep cleaning session will most certainly help the home stand out. Clean the closets, wash the windows, freshen the bed linens, and have the carpets cleaned. You want potential buyers to fall in love with the home, and this tip is sure to help!
- Check on yourself- Spring is a great time to do inventory on yourself and your business. Take the time to figure out what worked (and didn’t work) for your business since last spring. This is a great time to kick old habits and start fresh! The happier you are, the more your business will succeed in this busy spring season.
What’s your favorite thing about the spring selling season? We want to know!